Breast cancer in young women is a complex disease, occurring when these women are at the peak of their reproductive years, family life and careers. Being a somewhat rare disease the optimal management of these patients is based on scientific data derived from clinical trials mostly conducted on older women. Many aspects of breast cancer in young women are therefore poorly understood (e.g. etiology and biology among others) and research is much needed in this field. In addition, young women have many years ahead of them to suffer the long-term effects of treatment or the consequences of recurrent disease. This third conference is a new opportunity for the latest updates on this field and a platform for generating future research concepts and collaborations. It will cover epidemiology, molecular biology, genetics, pathology, surgery, radiotherapy, systemic therapy, survivorship issues (e.g. fertility preservation, psychosocial needs) in young women with breast cancer.
It will also include a Consensus Session that will form the basis for a Consensus Guidelines manuscript to be published after the Conference.
• In depth learning and update of the scientific and clinical aspects of breast cancer in young women
• Highlight the importance of multi-disciplinary management and discuss difficult clinical cases
• Focus on clinical research priorities and future perspectives, involving patients’ advocates in setting the agenda
• Participate in the discussion of consensus guidelines
• Epidemiology of early and advanced disease
• Hereditary breast cancer
• Diagnostic tools and challenges
• Loco-regional therapy
• Systemic therapy
• Psychosocial aspects and survivorship
The Conference is an ESO-ESMO joint event.
Furthermore, the BCY3 guidelines will be developed by ESO and ESMO
3rd ESO-ESMO Breast Cancer in Young Women International Conference (BCY3)
10/11/2016 – 12/11/2016, Lugano, Switzerland
Chair: O. Pagani, CH
Scientific Committee: H. Azim Jr, BE – F. Cardoso, PT – R. Dent, SG – S. Loibl, DE – S. Paluch-Shimon, IL – A.H. Partridge, US – F.A. Peccatori, IT
Leave a Reply